Chigwell School Music Lessons
Steven is a passionate and inspiring teacher, dedicated to instilling the best technical and musical skills to his students of all ages for over a decade. He holds a BMus(Hons) in Piano Performance rom Birmingham Conservatoire, GradDip and MPerf from the Royal College of Music in Vocal Performance. Steven has performed a tenor soloist and chorally in opera in London's West End, as well as prestigious venue's throughout the UK and Europe. Steven's piano work has included performance on radio, recordings and as repetiteur in Germany.
Classical | Musical Theatre | Jazz
Steven began teaching voice and piano at Chigwell School in 2018 and teaches over 50 highly successful students each week, including children of several staff members and music scholars. His students regularly undertake ABRSM and Trinity exams, perform in concerts, musicals and evensongs. Steven is passionate about Classical, Musical theatre and Jazz styles with emphasis that a classical technique is the best foundation for music. He is also highly skilled in the pronunciation of French, German and Italian for singing which provides a perfect companion to academic MFL lessons. Past students have gained places at the Royal Scottish Conservatoire, Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham University (Music), Mountview and Urdang Academy.
Free extra benefits for all students
All students and parents receive these extra benefits free of charge to further enrich learning:
- Online portal where lesson times, sheet music, learning resources, practice log, lesson notes and invoices can be viewed
- Lesson reminder 24 hours before the lesson time
- A personal Spotify playlist tailored to each student for listening of current repertoire as well as all round musical enrichment
- Translations for songs in different languages with additional training in IPA (international phonetic alphabet)
- Teaching of stagecraft and acting which further develops work of students who also have lessons from LAMDA.
Students at Chigwell School receive 32 lessons per year which are rotated each week to avoid students missing the same academic lesson regularly. There are lesson times available outside of academic lessons on a first-come-first-serviced basis with years 11-13 taking priority due to GCSE and A Level examinations.
A special discount on lessons fees are available to Steven's private rate when paid termly in advance. Steven offers several packages for lessons:
- 30 minutes - £25 per lesson
Suitable for beginners
- 40 minutes - £33.33 per lessons (recommended)
The best choice for beginners to intermediate who also wish for extra lesson time to work on music theory and aural stills
- 60 minutes - £50 per lesson
The excellent choice for an advanced student giving ample time to work on all aspects of technique, musicality and musicianship.
If you are interested in lessons with Steven, please get in touch directly via email at email@example.com if you have any questions, our use our sign up page HERE to get started!